Typically, when you think of Hoffbrau Steaks, you picture a local restaurant that’s known as the best steak house in town. However, we’ve got more on the menu than just choice USDA aged steak. Many of our customers’ favorite menu items is our Broccoli Cheese Soup. And now, in the spirit of the holidays, we’d like to share our recipe with you so you can enjoy this delicious soup at home.
Hoffbrau’s Broccoli Cheese Jalapeño Soup Recipe
Serves family of 4.
– Corn Starch – ½ cup (mix w/1/2 cup cold water)
– Fresh Broccoli – 30 ounces (crowns and stalks; equal parts)
– Processed soft cheese – 2 lbs (Velveeta is a great choice, but you can substitute any soft cheese as desired. Flavor will define outcome here!)
– Cheddar Cheese Soup in a can – 1 can (Campbell’s makes a great one!)
– Jalapeno’s – 2 ounces (Use canned here, and blend)
– Water – 2 quarts
- Place jalapenos into a blender with a small amount (1/4 cup) of water. Use blender to chop very fine, and set aside to incorporate later.
- Bring water to a boil (2 quarts)
- Slice and dice all of the fresh broccoli into small pieces to taste.
- Place broccoli into a microwave safe container and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in microwave for about 5 minutes on high.
- As the water comes to a boil, cut the cheese into 1 to 2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Whisk the cheddar cheese soup can into the boiling water.
- Slowly, as you whisk, add the corn starch mixed with COLD water (COLD is important!) to the pot of cheese.
- Turn heat off.
- With the heat off, slowly add the cheese cubes to the boiling water; stirring constantly.
- Next, add the steamed broccoli to the soup.
- Mix in the blended jalapenos to the soup.
Here’s a quote from Sandy Norton, one of our happy customers: “Just wanted to you know that your recipe for the Broccoli Cheese Jalapeno soup has become my favorite cold weather soup. Since I moved out of state I can’t stop by to eat it at the restaurant so thanks for publishing the recipe…I prefer to eat it at the restaurant though because it means I get other great food along with it. (And I don’t have to cook!) But until I get back to Dallas I get a bit of Hoffbrau in New Mexico. Again, thanks!”
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup. But keep in mind, as Sandy said, it’s a lot easier to stop in to one of our Texas steak restaurants and have a bowl with your Texas Two Step Sirloin Platter. And while you’re at it, why not pick up some gift cards for friends and family, so you can all enjoy our soup and steaks together. Bon appétit Y’all!